Thursday, April 5, 2012

jewelry | on a string.

Last weekend I spent a rainy Saturday afternoon roaming around the 18,000 Queen streets here and ventured to a local bead store, On a String. This quaint shop is owned by two sisters, one of whom shares not only my name but also my Alma mater. Go Vols. Finding a bead store that offers quality supplies at a reasonable price, with a major selection has been a challenge after moving from Knoxville. You know what I mean, either they charge $40 for an inch of chain or the beads look like something that should only pair with hemp - I'm not impressed. On a String offers a killer selection, I'm dying to design a necklace with their resin chains! After feeling inspired by my sweet friend Kristin, who would kill for anything turquoise or orange, this little beaut was born: 
 I think I know someone who should have this around her neck...

3 comments:

  1. O.M.Gee!!! i can't believe you!!! This is what I'll be posting tomorrow!! : ) eee!!! miss you. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THIS NECKLACE!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful for talented friends like you and Kristin. You help keep me cool. And help me keep bubble sleeve turtlenecks and sleeveless blue sweaters out of my closest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are insanely talented friend! I love this necklace. honestly you could make a fortune with that thing.

    ReplyDelete