Monday, April 9, 2012

weekend inspirations.

I decided a few things over the weekend. Here they are in no particular order of significance.
1. Charlotte is one of the most peaceful, wonderful places. Every street is lined with beautiful trees and flowers revealing homes (or castles) of all styles and sizes, many of which boasted yards so boldly strewn with giant Easter eggs. Festive.
2. I want to learn how to golf. I'll be honest - the attire doesn't exactly excite me but the sport to me is fascinating. Attribute it to the Masters, or the idea of socializing over rolling hills and holes-in-one. Maybe I'll brainstorm this week (for your viewing pleasure) about a get-up for the Wells Fargo Championship in May. I was told by one select individual that a lot of girls wear sundresses and tennis shoes. Ok, let's back this one up - am I alone when I say tennis shoes should only be worn to exercise?
3. I like to make things for the people in my life that inspire me. And make me laugh. And have great style. And are willing to let me experiment with their wardrobe and accessories. So thanks, I won't do you wrong.

The Jennifer Dress.
The bodice detail on this bridesmaid dress is one of my favorite. Each intricate pleat and overlaid piece adds interest and shape. An unexpected ruffle accent in the back makes this frock unforgettable. Just like the sweet friend who serves as the inspiration!



4 comments:

  1. Anne I'm so glad I found your blog through Kristin's! I just moved from CHS to CLT too and am attempting to navigate my way through the city with 34989 Queen streets (so very confusing...) . Gorgeous blog and jewelry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome. I'll be wearing tennis shoes with shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Queen City! We are so glad to have you here! I love the Kristin necklace! Hope to meet you soon. Kristin's mom :)

    ReplyDelete